We have a part to play in God's plan for the world. In Romans 10:13-15, Paul unpacks what it takes to reach those who have never heard:
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!’
The passage basically states that as a follower of Christ, you have one of two options: GO, taking the Gospel to those who don’t have it, or SEND, sacrificially supporting those who go with our support and finances.
There will always be a need for all followers of Christ to take the gospel to those in other countries. Here are five ways the people of New Heights can live globally involved lives. As a member of New Heights, we challenge all our people to live out these global habits:
1. Give: When you give to Global Outfitters, you allow us to strategically invest in people and missionary efforts around the globe. Additionally, you have the opportunity to individually support our Global workers by giving to them. Jesus says, “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matt.6:21)
2. Pray for the nations: Luke 10:2 says, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Jesus wants us to pray that God would send out workers into the harvest. The Fayetteville Prayer Room has multiple opportunities and resources on how to pray for the nations
3. Welcome international students, scholars, and refugees: There are thousands of international students at the University of Arkansas every semester that need Jesus, many from countries where Christians are not even allowed to go! This is not an accident! Global Outfitters has an entire staff team that can connect you with an international student and train you to reach them! Just remember, make friends not projects!
4. Learn: There are a variety of ways you can learn about God’s heart for the world through Global Outfitters and New Heights. From large group classes, small group meetings, weekly Global Update Meeting, and one on one studies, we want you to learn about missions.
One primary tool to learn about God’s heart for the world is “Perspectives on the World Christian Movement”. This fifteen-week course of study will make you aware of what God has done and is doing to enable “the whole church to bring the whole gospel to the whole world.” (Perspectives, p. xvi)
5. GO: New Heights partners with agencies all around the world that support amazing long-term efforts. If you feel God moving your heart to reach a certain people or nation, we want to help. We call the missions arm of our church Global Outfitters, and we often refer to the people we send as global workers. Contact someone at Global Outfitters to get the conversation started. A short-term trip can change your life forever. For many, a short-term trip is a vital way to be exposed to God’s heart for the world. There are many ways to be connected to short-term trips through New Heights. While a short-term trip will change you, a long-term investment of your life can change a nation for all eternity.
Jesus has called us, wherever we are, to work with Him in making disciples to fulfill his heart for the world. Wherever you go, whether it’s Fayetteville or the other side of the globe, you have a part to play in his plan.
Jesus has commissioned you (Matt 28:19).
He’s promised that He’s always with you (Matt 28:20).
And He’s given you a glimpse into the fulfillment of His commission. All the nations gathered around his throne, “…cried out in a loud voice “salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and unto the Lamb.” (Revelation 7:10)
The Moravians of the 17th Century who sent out more missionaries (per capita) than any other group in church history were driven primarily by a deep love for Jesus. Their creed was “That the Lamb who was slain might receive the reward for his suffering.” Jesus alone is worthy of our worship! His love for us is great! Let’s share His love with the world!
Email: kathyt [at] globaloutfitters.org
Mail: Global Outfitters
P O Box 8926
Fayetteville, AR 72703